A number of home loan lenders have announced special measures and emergency packages to assist those affected by the floods across NSW and QLD.
Australian Banking Association CEO Anna Bligh says banks have a range of measures in place.
“The message from banks is clear: don’t tough it out on your own, your bank is ready to help”.
“Once the cleanup begins, it’s important for people to know that they can talk to their bank to seek assistance”, Ms Bligh said.
A range of support can be offered, including:
- A deferral of scheduled loan repayments
- Waiving fees and charges, including break costs on early access to term deposits
- Debt consolidation to help make repayments more manageable
- Restructuring existing loans free of the usual establishment fees
- Deferring interest payments on a case-by-case basis
- Offering additional finance to help cover cash flow shortages
- Deferring upcoming credit card payments
- Increasing emergency credit card limits
We have compiled a list of lenders, contact numbers and links to their websites to help you get in touch quickly to get the support you need.
- AMP: 13 30 30, Financial Difficulties
- ANZ: 1800 252 845, Disaster Relief
- BOQ: 1800 079 866, Financial Hardship Assistance
- BankSA: 1800 679 461, BankSA Assist
- Bankwest: 1300 769 173, Emergency Assistance Package
- Bendigo and Adelaide Bank: 1300 652 146, Emergency Assistance
- Citibank: 1800 722 879, Hardship assistance
- Commonwealth Bank: 1300 720 814, Emergency assistance
- HSBC: 1300 555 988, Financial difficulty
- ING: 1300 349 166, Financial Hardship
- Macquarie Bank: 1300 363 330, Financial Assistance
- ME Bank: 1300 500 520, ME Bank financial hardship
- MyState: 13 800 1, MyState financial hardship
- NAB: 1800 701 599, Financial Hardship
- Rabobank: 1800 025 484, Financial Hardship
- Rural Bank: 1800 660 115, Financial Hardship
- St. George Bank: 1800 629 795, St. George Assist
- Suncorp Bank: 1800 225 223, Suncorp Customer Assist
- Westpac: 1800 067 497, Westpac Assist
As a company who is passionate about helping people achieve their financial goals through home ownership, we have been moved by the enormous loss faced by many of our community due to the floods.
If you want to speak to one of our brokers, we are here to help however we can.