New research released today by uno Home Loans has found Australians are wasting an estimated $4.2 billion annually on home loan waste. In other words, homeowners are throwing away billions each year largely because they – or their brokers – are not being proactive about shopping around for a better rate.
Research detailed in the uno Household Financial Waste report, published today, reveals more than half (53%) of homeowners don’t know what their current interest rate is and 59% have never asked their bank or broker for a better rate on their home loan.
The cost of inaction
This bank loyalty – or inactivity – is costing Australian homeowners an exorbitant amount each year.
When it comes to home loans, one of the main barriers to refinancing is customers having to shop around or ask their broker to shop around for a better deal. Using data from its customer base, uno found 84% of homeowners would be more likely to refinance if they were alerted about not having the best deal for their situation.
It found the same number (84%) of people would be more likely to refinance if there was a service that automatically found and alerted them to cheaper loans tailored to their situation.
Enter uno’s Active Home Loan Management, which acts in the best interests of home loan customers. uno can proactively manage the home loans of Australians on their behalf, so consumers don’t have to worry about them.
There are 3 stages to the Active Home Loan Management service:
- ANALYSE – uno will scan the market using our unique loanScore technology to check customers’ loans against thousands of home loan products in the market.
- ALERT – When a customer’s potential savings hits their chosen savings threshold, uno will alert them that a better deal may be available and also send them regularly updates.
- ACT – With the customer’s approval, uno will either renegotiate with the customer’s current lender or switch them to a better deal.
Already, loanScore customers have been shown to have a potential median 3-year saving of $5,200.
uno’s tech works for you
The cornerstone of uno’s Active Home Loan Management is its loanScore technology, which analyses a customer’s home loan against thousands of other loans in the market and enables customers to see how their loan compares. They can also see how much they could save if they take action to change it.
As an Active Home Loan Manager, uno stays on top of the best rates in market so the consumer doesn’t have to. It can not only find you a great home loan deal from 29 top lenders (including all the majors and regional lenders) but keep you on a great deal.
You can learn more about Active Home Loan Management at www.unohomeloans.com.au
1 All loan applications are subject to uno assessment and lender approval. uno does not guarantee that it will be able to find a customer a better loan than the one they currently have or to save them money
2. uno will check your home loan by comparing the most recent data you have provided uno about your current home loan against uno’s available lender data and calculating the loanScoreTM. Refer to Active Home Loan Manager Terms & Conditions for further details on how your loanScoreTM is calculated
3. Variable rate, owner occupier, P&I loan with LVR under 80%. Results are based on what you entered and should be used as a guide only. Lender rates and products may change. We cannot suggest you remain in or switch to any loan until we complete our assessment. Fees and charges apply. We cannot recommend a product until we have double check that the home loan is suitable for you
4. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. The comparison rate is calculated on the basis of a loan of $150,000 over a term of 25 years